League of Legends, also known as the League, is a popular online battle arena video game that typically involves two different teams of five players, who battle in a kind of player versus player combat format, with each team occupying and defending their half of the battle map. The game was developed by Riot Games, who were originally inspired by custom map for Warcraft III, to build a stand-alone game in the same game genre. This is how the game works: each player or gamer controls a choice character also known as champion, that possess as specific set of unique abilities. During the course of the game play, champions rise to various levels by amassing different game points through the killing of enemies. Items can also increase a champion’s strength and can be purchased with gold, earned by the players in the course of beating their opponent’s minions, champions, or even their defensive structures. Introduced in 2009, League of Legends betting has also grown in popularity among gamers and punters alike, who also wager their money on their choice champions, while hoping for victory. The popularity of the League is due to the following reasons:
- It is highly competitive: as you progress in the game, there is a general feeling of achievement running through your veins in being able to conquer your various opposing champions. The rewards too keep gamers hooked as the game offers an array of interesting rewards.
- The regular updates: theowners of the game, Riot, have kept churning out repeated updates to the game more than eleven years after the game came online. Each new update comes with new features that keep gamers interested in playing.
- Its multiplayer feature: League of Legends comes with a multiplayer player feature which allows gamers to play with friends. It’s easy and fun, as gamers can queue up with friends at a premade lobby and even play against each other!
- Free to play: League of Legends is a free-to-play online video game that permits gamers to play for free and offer most of its features for free to interested players.
HOW TO BET ON LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
League of legends is the biggest eSport worldwide and just like other forms of eSports, it has overtime attracted millions of spectators, gamers and ultimately punters. For example, now you can bet on DOTA and LOL esports on different websites. League of Legends betting involves bettors wagering on their selected champion to emerge victorious out the tournament. The annual League of Legends World Championship, involve gamers battling to win the coveted Summoner’s Cup, worth millions of dollars in prize. The League of Legends Championship is made up of over six events which bettors can wager on. These events are:
- The Play-in Stage
- Group Stage, Round 1
- Group Stage, Round 2
Therefore, bettors can decide to bet on any of the above League of Legends events, but it is also advised to make some research before betting. Aside from the World Championship, there is also the Mid-Season Invitational (MSI), which involves the world’s finest teams battling each other for glory. Bettors could also place their bet on such events too. The most common bet types, widely preferred by bettors,include the following:
- The Moneyline Bets: these are bets wagered on the outcome of single game and mostly common amongst newbies.
- The Accumulator/Parlay Bets: this is comprised of different wagers, whose odds multiply to produce a bigger cash out than individual bets
- Live Bets: commonly called the in-game bets, live bet wagers are placed while the matches are ongoing.
- Over/Under/Total bets: League of Legends betting involving these bet types, involve wagering on the likelihood of teams dominating the other and vice versa.
A good understanding of the above types would be necessary towards making a wager during League of Legends betting. All that is necessary is a good understanding of the game and the history of champions before placing your bets on any of the odd types. Select whatever platform of choice you wish to bet on, then sign up and create the account, then fund it to kickstart your league of legends betting.